Sunday, November 15, 2009

New York to Expensive

New York To Expensive??
Ok this has been bothering me for a while so I have to get it off my chest and see what you socialites think about this. Do you think living in the best city in the world or the city that never sleeps is just getting to expensive. I know it has crossed your mind once or twice in the past year or so with this whole recession thing. Well I know i have contemplated moving down south and getting my southern hospitality on. But I love this great city to much. You know how the saying goes " You can make here you can make it anywhere". But is that really even true anymore. I was reading in the metro the other day and I seen this astonishing comparisson between NY and ATL. A $60,000 salary buys the same standard of living as someone making $26,092 in Atlanta, according to the Center for an Urban Future. Now that is crazy!!! How do you not think about jumping ship and head down south. According to Cost of Living Survey from Mercer New York City went from place 22 in 2008 to 8th most expensive city in the world in 2009. Up 14 places in just one year. It is way ahead of US’s second most expensive city Los Angeles on a shared 23rd. This just makes you wonder can you really do it here or are the odds really against you if you are not a six figure income holder or better yet a millionaire. You be the judge???

No comments:

Post a Comment