Sunday, November 8, 2009

Beat Report - Breakfast Club Critic

Breakfast Club Critic


Socialites ok I have added another hat to the array of hats on the breakfast club hat rack. Over this weekend I was feeling in a good mood an decided to go out and have drinks. But knowing me I am in no way picky, happy hour at Friday's will do for me.Dam!!! you can't beat $4 L.I.T's anywhere in this beautiful city. But this week was a long long one and i wanted to enjoy the fruits of my labor.So me and the misses went out on the town to enjoy ourselves.

Our destination for the night was the infamous blue lighted hotel called Dream located on 55th and 8th. OK where do we start this is my first time criticizing anything besides people walking in the street. Don't front you know you do that to. Well here i go lets see, we are going good to best level ranging from 1 to 5 but using breakfast club stars. Also we will give you price range scale just in case you have a friend you want to take out or just want hang out on the town one night.

First off the venue was well put together. The interior design of this bar/lounge area was very Martha Stewartish but with a touch of nightlife added to it. The Bar area i would was more of the nightlife area but the lounge upstairs was targeted more towards an intimate setting.






Interior Design gets :


Now we are on to the food/drinks and service portion of the review. OK first let me say service was impeccable. It was prompt and inviting, meaning they caught the drinks coming and conversed with us on a personal level to make us feel at home. The drinks were great, they gave you a variety of drinks to try from at reasonable prices. The food was well prepared maybe take a Little to long but it wasn't bad our waitress kept us off that with her hostess skills. Overall not an expensive night. Dream gets ( $$$ ) for drinks and appetizers for the night.

Scale : $ = less than 20

$$ = $21-$50

$$$= $50-$80

$$$$= $80-$100

$$$$$= $100 and above





Service gets =



Now for the most important thing of the night, the piece de resistance which is the bathroom. After all that eating and drinking you will definitely need to use the bathroom. Ok sorry to say for well designed establishment . I must say the bathroom was very poor. I didn't see any creativity or effort into the space. It was just one of those we putting it here because customers need to use it. Well I will let you see for yourself, it wasn't that pretty.

Bathroom gets =

But weighting everything together for the Dream Hotel I feel it will make a good evening out on the town for anyone. I give it 2 thumbs up , so on the Breakfast Clubs word try the Dream Hotel bar and lounge out.

Dream Hotel


210 west 55th st 8th ave


New york , NY 10019


(212) 247-2000


http://www.dreamny.com/

1 comment: